Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

UMI Boxed Subframe Connectors Installed - AWESOME!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 12:27 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

from the above pics it appears they tuck better than your exhaust probably will.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:40 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 207 Likes on 174 Posts

Just installed mine today. I had been thinking about getting them, then I noticed creasing on my left rear quarter panel (already had it on my right) and thought "I have to get SFC's now." Then I stumbled on to this thread and that cinched it. I notice the overall stiffness, and the lack of body flex when I took an onramp hard. Paradoxically, they seem to transmit more surface irregularities, but at the same time smooth out the ride. But I am getting a new clunk from the right rear. Any ideas on that? Other than that, installation went great and they tucked up really nicely.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:56 PM
TECH Regular

I picked up some UMI tubular SFCs at the Trans Am national show and picked up some UMI LCAs recently. I got busy at work and did not install them until last weekend. What a difference!! The SFCs tuck up far better than my ORY. All of the parts are 1st rate - beautifully powdercoated! Unfortunately weather has sucked here so I only got to drive it briefly! I highly recommend these parts!
Old 10-24-2005, 11:47 PM
Teching In

Order mine tonight, was looking for a set anyway. Thanks to all the postive post about the product makes it easy to pick.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:07 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

RevGTO- I am glad to hear the installation went well and you are happy with the product. There is a simple fix for the clunking you are hearing, it is from the front rear control arm bolt not being tight enough. With the suspension loaded torque the front mount where the SFC is mounted to 90 ft lbs., this will compress the bushing and take care of the clunking.

Also thanks everyone else for the orders

Regards,
Ryan
Old 10-25-2005, 09:41 AM
TECH Regular

Yeah i need to save up a little more money and ill be ordering some UMI SFC
Old 01-08-2006, 01:29 PM
TECH Regular

with these SFC, i was looking at UMI's website and i was wondering... is the 3pt system worth the extra money over the other SFC's? also, i will be doing some exhaust work in the near future. will either the 3pt or the other kinds be an issue?

last question, should i go with the bolt on or the weld in? the extra $20 is not an issue for me

Quick Reply: UMI Boxed Subframe Connectors Installed - AWESOME!