Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

homemade adj. panhard bar

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 03:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default homemade adj. panhard bar

anyone ever made one? when i purchsed my panhard bar, i just got a regular non-adj. tubluar one bc my car wasn't lowered and i didn't plan for the future. is there any way i can take this and make it an adj. one? i figured i could just cut it wherever, thread the inside of each end, and put a threaded rod inside it. would this work, and has anyone ever attempted? since i've lowered the car, the rearend is off center by only an inch on the driver's side, the passenger side looks straight. so it wouldn't need to be adjsuted a whole lot

i know i know, just go buy an adj. one and sell my non adj. one. well i'm broke and like to try new things, so i thought this was my first option.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I assume that you have a PHB with poly bushing in either end. If that's the case there will be some bending moment in the PHB when the vehicle rolls in a corner or when you encounter a ride event. So I wouldn't reckommend doing this.

Howver, if you are dead set on doing this, cut the tube and add in a turn buckle in between and do it near the end of the tube, not in the middle. Basically to add the turn buckle, you would cut the tube where you want to add teh turn buckle, then reduce both sides by a certain amount inorder to add in the following: 1 LH bung, I RH Bung and then a stud with one side LH thread and the other side RH threads. Then by turning the stud you would effectively increase and decrease the length.

Again, the right thing to do would to go out and buy a good PHR and sell the one you have, you'll be much happier in the end. Give Sam Strano a call over at stranoparts.com, he only sells top notch parts.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:15 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont think it would be worth it to modify