Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Baer Gt plus

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 11:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Baer Gt plus

Just wondering if anyone out there is from Baer and would be able to answer my question regarding my situation. I just received a new Baer GT plus kit and just found out it just does not clear my 17" forgline wheels! It appears the wheels are just slightly not tall enough the caliper seems to just rub on the inner wheels cylinder so it is a height problem not a spacing problem it is not hitting the inner wheel face. I would like to know if I will have to return or sell the complete kit or will I be able to send back the rotors and brackets and get slightly smaller rotors and brackets and still use all the other parts in the kit? I know the rotors are 13.125" tall and baer makes a two piece rotor in 13" tall that should clear my 17" wheels since it seems to be just an 1/8 of an inch clearance problem. Any one have any idea what might happen?
Old 10-23-2005, 12:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm guessing you didn't print the template and check the fit before hand? I don't know what Baer will tell you, but I'd contact them directly and ask. That's probably a far better approach than asking here (unless a Baer rep hangs out here).

Just my thoughts.
Old 10-23-2005, 01:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Yes I did not print the template before hand. I will be calling them tomorrow to see what they can do. Worst thing that can happen is I will sell the brand new kit here on ls1 tech and get the c-5 upgrade since it uses slightly smaller rotors. I just assumed they would clear my 17" wheels since they fit the factory 17" wheels I guess I should never have assumed. I will update this post after talking with BAER tomorrow. If they cannot help me and I need the c5 upgrade I might be making a purchase from you it looks like since you sell the brackets do you also have cross drilled and sloted c5 rotors? I would reuse my calipers to help with the cost. Thanks
Old 10-23-2005, 02:47 PM
12 Second Club

Hope you have good luck dealing with baer. I have emailed them on several occasions, left front rotor is about .0625 larger in diameter, causing the rotor to touch the caliper. I machined off about .040 on the caliper to provide clearance, no response from the manufacturer.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:37 PM
TECH Junkie

I talked to Baer and they told me it is ok to grind off the cooling fins on the calipers to aide in clearance. That is what I am going to do since all I need is about 1/8 of an inch. I will keep this updated once finished. Should fill my wheels pretty good!

Quick Reply: Baer Gt plus