Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Do I need adjustable LCA's??

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005 | 12:17 PM
Staging Lane

Default Do I need adjustable LCA's??

I have a DD 96 formula that I'm looking to upgrade the LCA's. I plan on lowering it over the winter, I know I'll need an adjustable panhard bar. Do I need adjustable LCA's?

Do I want poly bushings? I've read some conflicting posts...can someone point me in the right direction...thanks.
Old 10-27-2005 | 08:32 PM
Staging Lane

You don't need adjustable LCAs. Make sure to do brackets with them for the complete package.
Old 10-27-2005 | 10:09 PM
On The Tree

Just do a search. But IMO yes you want them. They will help some for tracktion. also get the weld in brackets. they are worth it.
Old 10-27-2005 | 10:14 PM
Launching!

the only reason why you would need Adj. LCA's is if you rearend is sitting too far foward (or back) Most of the time thats not the case, ususally the LCAs and brackets will fit just fine. But if your rear tires are rubbing on the inner fenderwell then you may need them.
Old 10-28-2005 | 07:44 AM
TECH Veteran

I live in western New York...the roads are terrible, as the winters really tear them up. I've been using poly suspension parts since the late 70's, however a lot of those cars had 60 and 70 series tries. Those tires soaked up a lot of the road harshness.

I put the poly control and trailing arm bushings in both the front and rear of my '96 Z-28, however I removed them after only 1 summer. The combination of 50 series, "Z" rated tires and the poly bushings was too much for daily driving. Yeah, the car handled well, but it was beating itself up quite badly.

I lowered my Z with Eibach springs. Naturally, this reqired a modified panhard bar. I have access to a machine shop, so I calculated the lenght the bar had to be, cut the ends off the OE panhard, then cut and fishmouthed a piece of 1.625" DOM tubing that was the correct length. Then welded the OE ends on, threw in poly bushings, and I have a "correct lenght", but non adjustable bar. I did this 10 years ago, now it's far easier to buy an adjustable bar.
Old 10-28-2005 | 10:01 AM
12 Second Club

I'm using the non-adj arms from BMR that use a poly on one end and the rubber on the other end (I think it's the chassis side) and I have been very satisfied with the performance, the ride, and the noise.