Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Lowering rear only, but need traction! Opinions please...

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 02:42 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Lowering rear only, but need traction! Opinions please...

so i'm tired of the way my car is looking from the back, i want to lower it an inch or so (at least an inch), but i still want to be able to hook up.

i have some 255/45/r17 front tires on now, so they fill out the front fender's pretty well, and i always liked the "back lowered more than front" look.

is there some kind of rear drag springs i can run that will work for me?

my other suspension mods are these....

BMR boxed LCA's, ADJ PHR, and SFC's, and sphon LCA relocation brackets on my 12 bolt w/ 4.11's.

tires are 315 nitto drag radials.

any other thoughts on what i can do/try? i HAVE to get the back lowered a bit, and i would like to have more traction if at all possible.

thanks guys, casey
Old 11-02-2005, 03:58 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm sorry, but I absolutely won't help anybody make their car lower in the back . . . just kidding!

Well you could try normal lowering springs if you haven't done that already. Or you could take out the rubber issolator from above the rear springs, but that would be a little less than one inch. You could also cut one coil off each rear spring. Or the last and best option, get a weight jacker kit for the rear from Ground Control or Global West.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:55 PM
That's what she said...

i was under the impression that normal lowering springs would hurt my traction?

where can i look at GC and global west stuff? i've seen it on a sponser's site somewhere but i cant remember lol
Old 11-03-2005, 10:47 AM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Anything you do to make the back lower than the front will hurt your traction in a drag race type launch, because you won't get the best weight transfer from the front to the back. But if you just like that look, the adjustable weight jackers would make it so you could just raise the back for when you to to the track.
http://www.ground-control.com/
http://www.globalwest.net/
Old 11-03-2005, 11:35 AM
That's what she said...

hooking up on the street is what i'm most concerned with

i think i'm going to remove the spring cup, and see where that puts me, then maby remove a coil or so.

what about v6 springs? what exactly would going with a set of these in the back do for me?
Old 11-03-2005, 03:45 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

4th gen fbody V6 springs are the same part number as V8 springs if I remember correctly. Once you lower the rear, install some LCA relocation brackets; that will help with traction. Run some drag radials too for increased tracktion on the street.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:19 PM
That's what she said...

Originally Posted by Cal
4th gen fbody V6 springs are the same part number as V8 springs if I remember correctly. Once you lower the rear, install some LCA relocation brackets; that will help with traction. Run some drag radials too for increased tracktion on the street.
diddnt know the first part....

i have LCA brackets, and i DO run drag radials (check out my first post). i put the brackets on and the LCA's in the lowest hole, and i do believe it actually HURT my traction. i moved them up a hole, to the middle, and it seemed to have gotten a little better.

with the LCA's in the lowest hole, i could only cut 2.0-2.1 60's at the track, but it was shitty and i'd never been before

Quick Reply: Lowering rear only, but need traction! Opinions please...