Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Sway bar help.

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 10:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sway bar help.

I recently installed a spohn sway bar set and I have noticed a significant increase in squeaking noises. I know the kit comes with poly bushings, but are they supposed to be that annoying? I am also hearing a bang when going over bumps or up/down driveways since the sway bar install. The noise is coming from the front though. The bang does not always happen just sometimes...(randomly), sounds like something is hitting. I tightened all the hardware as good as I could. The front endlinks tightened down to where they couldn't be turned another turn, and the rear endlinks tightened till it looked like the bushings were begining to smash so I stoped there. I did grease the bushings before installing them to minimize the squeaking/noise. I did notice a huge difference in ride feel. The car is alot stiffer now, so I guess the squeaking could be from other parts perhaps. I guess I should add that the car is lowered if it matters. I hate to have to take the new sway bars out, but if I can't figure this one out they are history.

Need yall's thoughts and opinions on this one,thx.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:27 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The squeaking is caused by the polly bushings. Greasing them helps a little, but does not eliminate it. If you have the right size swaybars, you can use 1LE black rubber sway bar bushings to eliminate the problem.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can live with the squeaking, but I can't live with the bang I keep hearing.