Help with Koni SA on rear - Re 98 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 07:11 PM
JGA
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Koni SA on rear - Re 98 Camaro

Hi

I know I have to get to the top of the shock and put the adjuster **** on the end to change the dampening.

When I fold the rear seat forward, I noticed a square serrated cutout on each side, which appear to be directly over the shock's top mounting location. I assume I can fully cut open the flaps to get at the top of the shock? Anyone know about this? This would be easier then yanking out the rear interior.

Also, which way do I turn the **** for more/less rebound? I think clockwise gives more dampening but I am not sure. Also, how many clicks should there be from full soft to full hard?

I have stock springs and they are currently on full hard. It feels like way too much dampening. I assume I want only a few clicks past soft. Any ideas?

Thanks JA
Old 11-12-2005, 10:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, you can just peel that flap of carpet over, pull out the removeable piece of foam over the top of the shock, and adjust away...

Mine will turn 2 1/2 turns (no clicks). I have them set 1/2 turn from full soft. Counter-clockwise is firmer (the **** should be marked for that).
Old 11-12-2005, 11:48 PM
JGA
TECH Enthusiast

Hi

Thanks. I appreciate the help.

JA
Old 11-13-2005, 04:30 PM
JGA
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by John_D.
Yep, you can just peel that flap of carpet over, pull out the removeable piece of foam over the top of the shock, and adjust away...

Mine will turn 2 1/2 turns (no clicks). I have them set 1/2 turn from full soft. Counter-clockwise is firmer (the **** should be marked for that).
John
Thanks it when just how you said. Went for a drive and 1/2 turn feels good to me.

Thanks JA