Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

air ride

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 03:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default air ride

i was just wondering if anyone has tried an air ride suspension set up, and if really works on an f-body as good as air ride technology caims.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Do a search in this section. I know there were a couple threads about this over the last few months. Someone piped up and said he had them and seemed pleased.

-Mike
Old 12-04-2005, 12:11 AM
Teching In

Default camaro air ride

Had the air ride tech. suspension for about 6 months now.ill never go back to coils.allright, so im the bastard child, dont race, (finally my insurance co. loves me after 15 years of tring , and out doing most of the time everybody else).My now DAILY driver, 96 v6 which i really enjoy, soooo much easier to work on than my last ls1, sports a massaged 3.8 with an adapted supercharger from a buick 3.8 sc .just enough to play.....thats all i do now. rides on 18" and the ride is that of a lincoln. a.r.t. adj. 12 ways in f and rear, urethane bushings throughout, adj. panard, lower t/a arms and the dam thing handles on rails, complete system, with dash controller setup, about 2700.and a really full weekend.ride height compared to previous sportlines, about2" f, r., parked.......priceless, top of rims about 1/2" from wheel opening, combined with in the process of finishing up on the pass. door..wing doors...sweet. [IMG][/IMG]
Attached Thumbnails air ride-dscf0782.jpg  

Last edited by cbracing; 12-04-2005 at 12:45 PM. Reason: install picture
Old 12-04-2005, 11:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

how much would a set up like that set me back, car looks good by the way

just the suspension i mean
Old 12-05-2005, 11:18 PM
Teching In

Default pricey...

about 2700.00, other sites are selling a.r.t. systems for same price, might as well go straight to the source. I looked into other systems, love the plug n play setup. simple, reliable and very clean.takes a bit of time to set the tank, valves, module...ect in a sanitary place and wiring needs to go under carpet. total time to set EVERYTHING...2 full weekends. its not brain surgery, just time consuming.
buy the way, weight difference between all removed stock suspension, including panard, trailing arms,front struts, and added air suspension....added 8.5lbs.

Last edited by cbracing; 12-05-2005 at 11:28 PM.

Quick Reply: air ride