Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Spohn TA Thunking FIXED.

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 07:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spohn TA Thunking FIXED.

As I said in my other thread, the tech at Spohn told me to clearance the inside of the tunnel some, which I did. I clearned a 5x5" section or so, evened it all out and it looks great.......

As someone else who had the problem mentioned, the 2 bolts that are horizontal at the back of the TA on theirs was loose, as I just found out mine were. So I clearanced that section and tightened up those bolts and NO THUNKING AT ALL.

I got on it really hard from 0-60 and had no traction at all. Turbos+ cold weather FOR THE WIN.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good to hear you got yours figured out. I pushed mine in some but still does it Didnt do a 5"X5" section though.... maybe I need to do more. FWIW, all my bolts were hella tight still.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about some pics of the clearanced section. Glad you got it figga'd out...
Old 11-17-2005, 10:24 PM
Staging Lane

I'll grab some soon, sorry guys. Lethl......My best advice is to use a monkey wrench or something. Disconnect the back of the torque arm, as well as the driveshaft and let them hang down. Then just use your own strength and whack at it until it is clearanced well. I'll try to get pics tomorrow.......

Quick Reply: Spohn TA Thunking FIXED.