Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Help getting pistons back in caliper

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 10:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help getting pistons back in caliper

First of all lemme say I had to disassemble the brake calipers because im currently getting them powder coated at a local business here in town and for those of you that have had it done before you know they make you strip down the caliper before accepting any parts. So basically this meant I had too remove any fittings, seals, and remove the pistons since powder coating requires the use of an oven. Well on to my question since I should be getting these back any day. What I need to know is how do you get the piston/rubber seal to set back into the caliper housing? Other than making sure to put the o-ring gasket in the housing first im a little confused on how exactly the piston and rubber seal goes in? Do i just start to install the seal on the outter edge of the piston before trying to get them to set or should I try to get the pistons to set first and then try to install the rubber seal? Also what tools or advice could anyone give me on how to get the pistons/seals to set inside the caliper. Thanks!!