Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Help me to lower my car

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 12:09 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help me to lower my car

I am going to be lowering my car and was wondering what springs you guys would suggest to do this? And also, where can I get whatever springs you suggest
Old 12-05-2005, 12:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hate to answer it like this, but how much do you want to spend?

You can spend probably less money on a replacement style spring, but once it's in, you pretty much cannot adjust their height, or you can opt for a somewhat more expensive weight jacker or "coil-over sleeve" that uses some sort of standard racing spring, plus you get to adjust the ride height over a wider range, plus you won't have to go to the hassle to change springs all of the time to find the height you want.

Also to let you know that once you lower your ride height, you will need shocks with proper valving as well, otherwise you'll have problems with the suspension.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:12 AM
On The Tree

I am pretty much wanting to go the cheap route. I was just looking at putting in a nice set of springs. What spring/shock combo would you suggest? I want to lower the car probably about 1.5-2 inches. I know it is not suggested bout how long could I run just springs without replacing the shocks?
Old 12-06-2005, 01:48 PM
TECH Junkie

If you can only afford to do it in stages, then buy the parts and sit on them until you have all of them. I know that sucks, but trust me, you'll really only want to do this once. Speaking from experience, I bought cheap shocks when I got my springs (Hotchkis) and now I'm looking to buy better shocks. In essence, that's a couple hundred dollars I basically wasted on crummy shocks.

Do it once, and do it right. It's always cheaper in the long run.

-Mike

Quick Reply: Help me to lower my car