Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Brakes Shot to Hell

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 12:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brakes Shot to Hell

This has been going on for a few weeks now. When i first got the car i had been doin some hard braking. Now i have **** for rotors. I warped them to hell. I feel vibration braking from any speed and even if i try to brake normally from any speed over 65 it feels like the steering wheel is gonna shake out of my hand. So i know i need some new rotors. Here are two questions.

Where can i get a good set of cross-drilled front rotors for an '02 Z28 for a good price?

Seeing as how i don't have any money and getting the rotors may take a little longer, what kind of damage to the braking system can all this crap cause?

All input is welcome, thanks.

-Brian
Old 12-15-2005, 12:17 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 142 Likes on 92 Posts

I carry drilled and/or slotted rotors from PowerSlot, PowerStop, Brembo, EBC, and KVR. And the I assure you the prices are *quite* competitive.

However,

I'd much sooner recommend regular Brembo non-drilled, or "blank" rotors first. They cost less, but also are much more durable because they haven't been weakened by drilling or slotting, and leave more swept area for the pad to contact, as well a a larger heat sink. The stock rotors didn't warp because they aren't drilled or slotted, they warped because they are crappy metal.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 12-15-2005, 01:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could always go with the Autozone Duralst rotors. They are cheaper than the Brembos and come with a 2 yr. warranty. Im not saying they are better than the Brembos, but many on here recommend them. HTH
Old 12-15-2005, 07:47 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Brembo blanks

Quick Reply: Brakes Shot to Hell