Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Weld in Relocation Brackets

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 01:16 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Weld in Relocation Brackets

I'm lookin ginto picking up a set of lcas and relocation brackets. My question is that since i will need to get the relocation brackets welded in, can i have them welded and drive the car home to install the lcas. I'm not sure where exactly they weld and if that will interfere with the lcas current positioning for the drive home. I know i can get the bolt in brackets but i was just looking at all my options.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 134 Likes on 118 Posts

Doing each side one at a time,disconnect lca at rearend and lower/let hang the lca(it's still connected to its' forward mounting point),CAREFULLY position and weld relo bracket to rearend,install lca that was one-end removed.proceed to other side/lca.
Parking brake bracket(s) have to be cut and trimmed before relo brackets will go in.
Careful positioning of relo brackets before welding is critical as if they are not identically mounted,the rearend will no longer be perpendicular to cars' centerline.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ahh thanks that answers my question
Old 12-20-2005, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You do one side of the car at a time,First put a supplied bolt through the original bracket hole on the axle and the same bolt through the new relocation bracket. Now put another supplied bolt through the LCA and the bottom hole of the new relocation bracket. This will make sure everything lines up correctly. Now tack weld the new bracket to the old axle bracket. Now you can disconnect and move the LCA out of the way so you can finish up welding both the inside and outside of the new bracket. I used UMI and eliminated my wheel hop completely. You will have to cut the parking cable bracket in half and then tack weld it in place.

Last edited by bigdsz; 01-03-2006 at 02:15 PM.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does the suspension have to be loaded before welding these in?
Old 01-03-2006, 02:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm pretty sure I had the jack stands under the frame and not the axle. The main thing is to make sure you keep the bottom bolt hole of the new bracket in the same arc as the oem hole. Call Ryan at UMI, he is a nice guy and I'm sure will answer any questions you have. They are a sponsor in the right column.>>>>>>

Quick Reply: Weld in Relocation Brackets