Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Bilstein suspension system???

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 02:33 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So Sam, and sorry for jumping in on this thread, but if you don't mind, what about trying to keep stock ride height? I'm not looking to have an auto x car or a strip car. It's a street car and has a pretty good lick of stuff as you can see in the sig. I just want to perform better. I was considering the Koni's with stock springs, yet also saw that you can do a HAL Gen F setup with springs for 650 ish. Whats your take on these setups and other possibilities for those not wishing to sacrifice ride height, especially in the rear?
Old 01-16-2006, 09:44 AM
Staging Lane

In regard to my question "Does your Revalve of the HD shock void the Bilstein warranty?" The answer was:

Originally Posted by Sam Strano

It does...
Thanks, I appreciate your honesty.

DMark
Old 01-16-2006, 12:02 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

DMark,

Any chance you might reconside the wording/inflection of your second post... The one is which you say I "bad-mouth" everything but Revalves? I *just* recommended HD's to someone in another thread, recommend Koni's more than anything, and am completely forthcoming about how and why you might want to consider alternatives. And I'll give you every reason why as well.

I'm not in business to lie to people, that's not smart or honest. I can't stand stupid, or dishonest (of which there are plenty). You might not agree with me, or I with you. However, what you said about me bad-mouthing everything is simply not true. And just because Bilstein makes the BTS kit does not mean I think it's a good answer. Classic case of judging a book by it's cover. The box says Bilstein so it MUST be right. Often the case, but not IMHO here.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 01-16-2006, 12:42 PM
Staging Lane

...Any chance you might reconside the wording/inflection of your second post... The one is which you say I "bad-mouth" everything but Revalves?
PM sent.

DMark
Old 01-17-2006, 02:04 PM
Staging Lane

....Any chance you might reconside the wording/inflection of your second post... The one is which you say I "bad-mouth" everything but Revalves?...
Funny..., but I didn't say or use Sam's name in the second post.

DMark
Old 01-17-2006, 02:08 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

I haven't had time to read you PM yet.... I've been busy with regular mail, but I'm getting there DMark.

You didn't say my name. However, let's use some common sense. How many others Revalve Bilstein's? How many others are on the boards explaining the reasons why? If it's not me you were referring to... who was it?????
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 04-15-2006, 08:36 PM
Dom
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How does the Bilstein warranty work? Do I have to have a completely bad shock? Shocks wear out with time correct? I know stock DeCarbons last 50K and they are junk.
Old 04-18-2006, 03:40 PM
Dom
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone?

Quick Reply: Bilstein suspension system???