Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Clanking noise in 2 different situations

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 12:18 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Clanking noise in 2 different situations

My car clanks at 2 different times when I'm driving...1-If I take off by just letting off the brake, no gas, there is a steady, consistent, clank, clank, clank,...etc.. 2-While I am driving, doesn't matter what speed probably as long as I am going fast enough for the bump to be rough enough, when I hit the bump, there is a sudden Clank!...just one, caused by the bump and it is loud. Any idea what the problem is?

My car kind of hesitates as I come to a stop...like I need rotors, but I don't think that I do...? and what would that have to do w/this kind of noise anyway right.?.

I made sure that all my wheels are tight, however the driver side rear will make a soft clank noise if I tug on the wheel w/the car on the ground even after I tightened it w/an impact wrench.

Sorry for the long post...Any Ideas...any at all...please repy!!
Old 01-11-2006, 09:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i got the sorta same kinda problem, where my front two calipers are making the clanking noise when goin over bumpy serfices, but the minute you step on the brakes the clanking stops, i cant figure out a way to fix it, i've replaced my rotors and pads on the front and still makes the noise, pissin me off. think we got the same problem, now for a fix??

Quick Reply: Clanking noise in 2 different situations