Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

lowered car and its sway bar end links

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 09:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default lowered car and its sway bar end links

my car is getting very sever speed wobble. thus far to cure this if gotten new tires and alignment but its still there. My next idea is the sway bar (since the car is sway) since my car is lowered (sportlines) would it help to get different (shorter) endlinks.

Tyler
Old 01-05-2006, 10:45 PM
TECH Addict

i've always wondered the same thing since i lowered my car. my car seems very unstable a high speeds. ex: slowing down on the interstate on an exit ramp. everything in the car shakes (steering wheel, my passanger seat if no ones in it) and everything rattles. are your referring to how the swaybar rotates downward as a result from lowering? this occurs because the body is dropped but the rearend and all the suspension (swaybar, control arms, etc.) remain in the same place, cause everything to have different angles. i've posted a pic for reference. as you can see, i'v solved the problem with the control arm by welding in relocation brackets to bring the arms back to the right angle, but i've always wondered how the sway bar angle is fixed? i hope this is the same problem you're referring to, lemme know.
Old 01-06-2006, 01:24 AM
TECH Resident

well mine was defanitly felt more in the front end. So I put in some shorter endlinks and took the car out on the interstate and took up to about 130mph (shh dont tell anybody) and it was much better but i did notice a little wobble in the rear now so tomorrow im going to do the same to the rear sway bar.

btw the endlinks center spacer was 1/4 inch smaller than stock.

btw again the bushings are poly as well
Old 01-06-2006, 09:45 AM
TECH Addict

post up pics when you're done so i can get a visual on what ya did.

Quick Reply: lowered car and its sway bar end links