Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

UMI Subframes from BYUNSPEED

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 07:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default UMI Subframes from BYUNSPEED

Just ordered them today. Super smooth Sale. Great Customer Service.

I'm so pumped. I bought the 2 Point Bolt-In Set. Can't wait for some extra traction come spring!!

Thanks UMI & BYUNSPEED
Old 01-18-2006, 03:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I bought some from them also, cant wait. I think this should be in the sponsor feedback section though.
Old 01-20-2006, 05:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MdFormula350
I bought some from them also, cant wait. I think this should be in the sponsor feedback section though.
I was hoping others were going to chime in about their UMI Subframes just to see what they liked/disliked.
Old 01-21-2006, 02:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

well i bought mine after searching.

i found good threads and came up with this conclusion.
great ground clearance, good pricing, and strength
Old 01-21-2006, 11:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by itlnrob
Can't wait for some extra traction come spring!!
Don't be too bummed if you find that they make no difference in terms of traction.

don't get me wrong though, i love my sfc's
Old 01-21-2006, 11:11 PM
12 Second Club

I installed UMI bolt-ons for my sister. They fit great.
Old 01-22-2006, 01:16 AM
Launching!

I bought UMI SFC's on group purchase from UMI. Their huge, very well painted, TIG welded and weigh alot, but thats okay. I dont really even need them since I have a coupe. ohh well...
they didnt fit that great, I had to do some bending, I installed them myself (MIG welded).
I guess I like them, but shouldnt have paid so much....
Old 01-22-2006, 12:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by OldeSkool
Don't be too bummed if you find that they make no difference in terms of traction.

don't get me wrong though, i love my sfc's

Really, how come so many people say it helps?
Old 01-22-2006, 12:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by itlnrob
Really, how come so many people say it helps?
It won't help much unless you are making big power and twisting that chassis when you launch hard.
Old 01-22-2006, 12:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by fa63
It won't help much unless you are making big power and twisting that chassis when you launch hard.

Well I'm making decent power. I can't get traction for anything, and people who have seen my car launch from behind say the car is twisting bad. I ran a 12.9 @109.25 with a 2.150 60ft. So the power is there, i just gotta put it to the ground.

I'm adding on headers come March, so I will have an even bigger increase in power.

I'm hoping these will help out, I'm not looking for a miracle, but I will also be adding some better tires as well.

Hopefully they work out well together
Old 01-22-2006, 12:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

12.9 doesnt really put you in "chassis twisting" territory if you ask me and its normal for cars to torque over on a launch, just means you need an air bag in the right rear spring and maybe a stiffer swaybar if you really want it to leave straighter.

Traction isnt really an issue of chassis integrity in these cars. you'll see MUCH better improvements in traction just with some good sticky slicks, so much traction you'll probably grenade your 10-bolt the first time you take it to the track. after that, LCA's and a torque arm will help you plant better.

If you spin a lot now, put sfc's on, you'll still spin a lot.
Old 01-22-2006, 01:34 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ezrollin
I bought UMI SFC's on group purchase from UMI. Their huge, very well painted, TIG welded and weigh alot, but thats okay. I dont really even need them since I have a coupe. ohh well...
they didnt fit that great, I had to do some bending, I installed them myself (MIG welded).
I guess I like them, but shouldnt have paid so much....
Hello,

Which SFC's of ours do you have? Out of the many sets we have sold and installed we have never had an issue or problem. What part did you have to bend to make it fit? Also I am not sure if you will find a SFC more reasonable priced then what we have to offer.

In terms of traction what they are trying to say is. If you are putting out a large amount of torque and flexing the chassis the SFC's are going to help distribute the weight as well as a much straighter launch.

Hope that helps,
Ryan
Old 01-22-2006, 04:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by OldeSkool
12.9 doesnt really put you in "chassis twisting" territory if you ask me and its normal for cars to torque over on a launch, just means you need an air bag in the right rear spring and maybe a stiffer swaybar if you really want it to leave straighter.

Traction isnt really an issue of chassis integrity in these cars. you'll see MUCH better improvements in traction just with some good sticky slicks, so much traction you'll probably grenade your 10-bolt the first time you take it to the track. after that, LCA's and a torque arm will help you plant better.

If you spin a lot now, put sfc's on, you'll still spin a lot.
12.9 considering over a 2.1 60'ft @ 109.25

People run 12.5's with that kinda mph, plus I'm adding headers for another 20hp at least.

I don't expect SFC's to make all the difference in the world, but I do think they will transfer weight a lot better than right now especiallyw itha nitto 555r.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:20 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 209 Likes on 176 Posts

I put weld-ons on a few months ago after I noticed that I had developed creases in both quarter panels - and, as you can see from my sig, my car is hardly a torque monster. I'm going to have the creases taken out by a dent doctor dude and then will see if the SFC's prevent them from coming back.
Old 01-23-2006, 04:03 AM
Launching!

Hi, Ryan,
I'm not complaining or anything. I think your SFC's I bought on group purchase were a good price and good quality. They probably were bent during shipping or bent during install, it wasnt that hard to bnd them to the correct shape.
I wish I had t-tops so I would actually NEED them. LOL
Old 01-23-2006, 06:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

They probably were bent during shipping or bent during install, it wasnt that hard to bnd them to the correct shape.
Wow! SFC's that meaty that were bent? That's a first, even though I don't use mine anymore (not UMI, however many are pretty damn strong, so strong, you have to really drop probably some 2 or 3 tonnes of metal directly on top of them).

I wish I had t-tops so I would actually NEED them. LOL
I have t-tops, and when I had mine installed (1 set of 2-points, and 2 different sets of 3-points, each at different milage intervals) they still didn't make a difference in the fitment of the t-tops. FWIW, they still had some movement from traversing bumps, so I had to devise a single aluminium panel retrofit (temporary and removable) to resolve the problem.

FYI, my vehicle isn't a spring chicken. It's over 148K, and has had many AX and RR miles on it, however like some say here, unless you're really pulling some serious drag burnouts (4K-5K RPM launches) with some seriously sticky shoes, that's where the SFC's can make a difference.