Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

HELP! Still have really bad wheel hop

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006 | 05:52 PM
10 Second Club

Default HELP! Still have really bad wheel hop

After installing a pair of weld in LCA relocators on my Moser 9", a new poly TA bushing, I still have violent wheel hop on the street or track. This totaly sucks! I cant get on the gas or my rear tires start jumping and the rear suspension slams into the bump stops. I also have Eibach pro springs on the rear, dont think they're hurting anything though. The only thing I can figure that's still causing my problem is the flimbsy pan hard bar that I custom made, it has metal ends and is very tight fitting but is too thin and when standing under the car on a lift I can push up or pull down on the PH bar and it will flex (made it out of 1/2" dia chromemoly tubing).
Old 01-22-2006 | 06:53 PM
TECH Addict

What LCAs do you have and where do you have them set up at? From what i have read up on hear i believe your supposed to have the LCAs set at the lowest level for the best possible traction. Im not sure just let someone with alittle more knowledge chime in.
-Joel
Old 01-23-2006 | 01:43 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2000Hawk
What LCAs do you have and where do you have them set up at? From what i have read up on hear i believe your supposed to have the LCAs set at the lowest level for the best possible traction. Im not sure just let someone with alittle more knowledge chime in.
-Joel
Thanks Joel, I appreciate the reply. I have had LCA relocators on my 10 bolt (BMR), but now I have a Moser 9" and the only LCA relocators I could find for my new set up is the Sphoon weld in type which is what I have. I have them set on the lowest hole setting and the angle is great even with my Eibach Pro springs but still getting very vicious wheel hop.
Old 01-23-2006 | 03:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think the panrod is giving you some problems. I belive with lowered cars you have to get an adjustable panrod to center the rear.
Old 01-23-2006 | 05:29 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98boxer
I think the panrod is giving you some problems. I belive with lowered cars you have to get an adjustable panrod to center the rear.
The one I made is adjustable but only about 3/4" in dia.

Quick Reply: HELP! Still have really bad wheel hop