Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Accelleration, Braking, Question: Turbine Sound Unit

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 06:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accelleration, Braking, Question: Turbine Sound Unit

I know there are a number of master mechanics and auto professionals who lurk and post on this board and on others, I am in the process of developing a electronic unit to emit certain sounds when the brake pedal and gas pedal are depressed. Now, the electronic unit itself is completed; however, I do not know enough about the LT1, LS1, electrical system to simply begin trial and error modifications as I would normally.

Is there a way I can hook up this circuit to an ABS brake postitive current to provide an automated sound upon braking? The same for accelleration?

Thanks. Any help will be appreciated. Credit will be given at my site for anyone who provides and idea that facilitates functional installation in addition to a free unit of the same kind. Said unit is designed to simulate the "turbo" accelleration and deceleration sound emitted from "KITT" on the show Knight Rider.

Thanks. Have a plesant day.

-Mike
Old 01-24-2006, 07:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're going to have the sound come on during braking, why not just tap into the brake light circuit, rather than the ABS, it would seem easier to me
Old 12-09-2006, 05:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any simulated turbo sound circuit will 'power up and down' in reaction to a given car if the circuit providing sound is deactivated by an input source from the braking system, namely the brake light circuit. When a second 'power down' sound circuit is also triggered by the depressing of the brake and then the brake lights, the effect in cycle completes. Following the eventual release of driver brakes, the existing 'power up and sustain' sound circuit will respool as the primary sound circuit engages and continues to run until ignition shut off or another interruption from the braking system.

Quick Reply: Accelleration, Braking, Question: Turbine Sound Unit