Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

KYB and Pro-line

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 03:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
If they are LS1 Pro-kits, I'd rather see you on HD's than AGX's. Neither is optimal, and I'm not saying that HD's are. I'm saying they are better overall than AGX's are.

But frankly, you can't make wine from water and you are wanting to pay for water. This is why the suspension should be thought out as a package. Folks toss on X spring without regard to the shocks. Then they realize they need some shocks for the springs, but then are left with no money to buy them (or don't want to spend on them).
The car came lowered when I bought it, so I didnt have much of a choice

What about the Tokico Illuminas??? Im willing to spend the money on those, would they be better suited for me than the HDs?
Old 02-03-2006, 11:47 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

Illumina's do not exist for the front of a 4th gen. Only for the rear, and frankly they aren't all that good either.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 02-05-2006, 02:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Illumina's do not exist for the front of a 4th gen. Only for the rear, and frankly they aren't all that good either.
So basically, Im fucked till I can afford Konis, right???

Oh well, guess I gotta save up for them
Old 02-06-2006, 11:39 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

You can do anything you wish to do. I'm simply trying to tell you the why and how's of the shock/spring interactions.... And you don't need Koni's, you could do Revalves and get plenty of control for a few hundred less. You just don't get an adjustable damper that way.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion

Quick Reply: KYB and Pro-line