Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Wheel hop ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 08:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wheel hop ?

98 Z M6. Notice my car recently starts to wheel hop when I get on it. It never use to do that? Stock suspension. Anyone know what is causing the wheelhop. I will be upgrading the suspension soon. I got Subframe connetors and a strut tower brace and some LCA in the rear. Bought some Relocation brackets waiting for Installation. I need to buy an adjustable torque arm and Adjustable pan hard bar. What other suspension mods am I missing? The wheel hop is satarting to annoy me. Has anyone encountered this? PLease help. Thanks.
Old 02-02-2006, 02:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

lcs'a and relocation brackets should fix the problem. the stock stuff just flexes to much.

those along should really help. everything u have listed is almost everything you need another than beefing up the rear end itself, shocks, springs.

I would also look at your tranny mount also, make sure thats intact as well.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I disagree. If your car wasn't having this issue before and now is then something must have changed.

Diagnosing the problem/issue is important.

Have there been any major changes to your car to cause it (bhp increase, tyres, rims, etc.) Or else it could be worn suspension/drivetrain components causing it.
Old 02-04-2006, 03:00 AM
TECH Addict

Does it happen all the time, usually when i get on it on a fucked up street. My car will have a good amount of wheel hop. On normal streets that have been recently paved or that have no deforms to it i will just spin.
-Joel
Old 02-08-2006, 09:32 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the information. I have Lakewood Rear Lower Control Arms. And bought some BMR Relocation brackets for my car. Can't wait to see what it's going to do with the New Relocation Brackets.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2000Hawk
Does it happen all the time, usually when i get on it on a fucked up street. My car will have a good amount of wheel hop. On normal streets that have been recently paved or that have no deforms to it i will just spin.
-Joel
It does not do it all the time. It does do it sometimes or it might be like you said the street. Yeah,it seems to do the same thing just like your car. Extactly, some streets when I get on it it will just spin and other streets it will wheel hop. But can't wait to install the relocation brackets.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:18 PM
Staging Lane

shocks control rebound rate of the axel. I would suggest getting rid of the stock decarbs they suck when they are new and get worse from there. You can go with Bilsteins if the car is at stock ride height or Koni adjustables if it lowered. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Wheel hop ?