Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

CTS-V owner needs some tech help....

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 12:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default CTS-V owner needs some tech help....

Hey, i know that this isnt the V section and i understand perfectly well that these types of threads are usually moved over to the proper section.

However, i have a question and since i dop own a cmaro and have spent much time in this particular section, i wanted to see if anyone could help with a fresh look on the issues i have been expreiencing, and a few others, with these cars. This isnt intended to be a bash thread but one that is technical and informative. Hopefully some fresh ideas cab fruit from this though im not forcefully holding anyone here to do so... just asking for some help.

If not already know, the CTS-V comes with a IRS rear suspension with self-leveling shocks. Also, it has a dual-mass flywheel/clutch assembly, two piece driveshaft with rubber-type of bushing in between the two pieces and the rear cradle isnt 100% bolted down and does exhibit some deflection.

So the problem im addressing is the inherent wheelhop that the car is exhibiting. It is present even at a small launches and gets worst. It is a very pronounced hop and gets worse and worse with launch rpm. There really isnt a rpm range where you can launch and overpower the hop with wheel spin...it ALWAYS hops. Some owners have claimed that they hjave never had wheel hop but they were stock just like everyone else...I have asked and there really doesnt seem to be a difference between the two that i can tell...very strange.

Thus far, there have been a bushing kit from GM that doesnt work..only subdues it a bit by about 25%. BMR has a kit which most say that it doesnt kill 100% and others say that it doesnt. There is another solution, a member has devised a nice looking bar that he claims to helpout which im inclind to try out...seems the most promising.

So, basically, im not asking for some here to produce a fix but more of a brainstorming kind of thing. I have been giving it alot of thought and i figured that two brains is better tha one so here i am. Is there anyone with any IRS suspension know how here cna chime in and help out a bit. It would help us out a bit if some other ideas can be fabricated so this wheelhop can be finally cured.

Thanks guys and mods, if you can, plez allow this thread to say here becuz i wanted to see wat other opinions other ppl might have that havent dealt with the and since this is the suspension section, i figured it to be the most appropriate of all on ls1tech...

thanks ya'll.... Here is a link to a FAQ site that has pics of the car from below....including a few that shows the rear suspension layout.

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/imglib/undercar.html

Last edited by obZidian; 02-03-2006 at 01:05 PM.
Old 02-04-2006, 11:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

to the top...
Old 02-05-2006, 08:35 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get with Bob @ Exotic Performance Plus. He has worked on these cars. He will have answer for you.

Quick Reply: CTS-V owner needs some tech help....