Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

shock install = hell

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 03:38 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went through that it was the worst, Lucky for my I had springs and shocks together so we just cut the old springs and shocks out of the mount. I would just go to the dealer and see how much they are and just replace it. They give you new bolts and you can just junk the rest but the spring but it out. You'll be better for it after the job is over.
Old 02-04-2006, 05:29 PM
TECH Addict

Jim Mueller, I know, the second one goes a lot quicker. It made me wonder why the first one took so long.
Old 02-04-2006, 09:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh i just feel so excited to do this..
Old 02-04-2006, 09:50 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Its not that bad really if you take your time. The passenger side is going to be rusted. Always seems to be. I used a dremel and cold chisel and cut the nut off. Compressing the strut is no big deal if you have a good mcpherson strut compressor. Rented mine from the local rental shop for $8 for the day. Rears are a peice of cake. Remember to follow the instructions on loading the suspension. Use a front end fork on the ball joints and dont tear the boot or you'll be replacing them(ball joints). Took me an hour a side on the fronts taking my time. Be prepared for a rusted nut on the passenger side.
Old 02-04-2006, 09:56 PM
12 Second Club

I had no problems doing mine. I didnt take too long, but the rears are definatly easier than the front since there is a lot less to work with there.
Old 02-05-2006, 04:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sprung_monkey
hey dont feel too bad when i did my springs (first time ever) i had to take the front passenger apart 4 times tracking down a clunk.................turns out the shop that i had pull the top bolt out of the strut didnt tighten back down on my strut all the way so yeah its going to be 5 times very soon
I just did mine last week. I'm also getting some noise from the front end. How for down are you suppose to tighten the top nut of the fronts? Is the rubber piece suppose to be tightened until it stops against the shock housing?

Quick Reply: shock install = hell