Received 142 Likes on 92 Posts

You are welcome Clayton.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 02-19-2006, 05:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"So this is what Sam gets for trying to help.."
WTF are you guys talking about? Strano made the first offensive comment in this stupid *** thread about Yellow getting "kickbacks" and then that Yellow guy just retaliated. Then Sam just went on whining and whining about how everyone owes him for putting together some good combos and wants his advice for free.

If you want to get paid for your infinite knowledge, write a book or teach a class. You've never learned anything from anyone without paying for it?

It's funny you think you have to be secretive to get customers when in reality you could just put together a bunch of packages, write a paragraph about each, and then put it online in your store and you'd get A LOT more sales.

I don't know the last time I saw a SPONSOR attack a member and then hijack the thread with perpetual whining.

...go ahead and prove me right by responding with a page long rant too.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

In all honesty, I think that a lot of people here read way too much into many of the posts, or either two people purchase products, one is "good", the other is "bad", opinion flamewars breakout, then their parts become one with their ego's.

I will have to agree with Sam that he's making an honest down to earth effort to help those, and when he offer's people to call him, the ball is in their court. I've read his threads many times before giving him a call, and I can see why he states what he states, because he sticks with the truth and he has integrity. I have talked many times with his parents, who run the business, and they handle their private business like ANY business should be. If they don't have the information readily handy, they make a concerted effort to relay Sam so it can be answered. They've even returned all of my phone calls, which were all long distance. AFA selling items, he will sell you just about anything they have to offer, however he prefers to sell what from his experience works well with what a specific driver will use effectively, but in the final outcome, he let's the customer make the final decision on what to purchase.

When I did talk to him, I will say that he not only takes pride with his customers, but he is also very selective with his vendors. As I have mentioned (in another thread) with his stabiliser bar manufacturer, Addco, there was a rare defect that had occured with the endlinks, and not only was he willing to help resovle the problem, but also the vendor themselves. Basically, there was none of the "passing the buck" behaviour that existed with many of the vendors (not concerning cars) I deal with, and certainly none of the subjective behaviours that exist with the public institutions that I've had problems with (both of my alma matters). There was no "backtalk" or "second guessing" the customer. At the beginning and end of the day, I had absolutely no hard feelings. Believe me, if someone tries to really "pull a fast one", I'd be saying something else, or maybe saying nothing at all.

Again this is my 2 cents. This is to inform those who may perform a search and look for integrity from experience and not a contrived "post analysis." If one doesn't approve with certain post methods, that's their liberty to do so, however I'm sticking to my experience with him and letting other's speak for themselves as well.
Old 02-20-2006, 06:20 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Foxxton
They've even returned all of my phone calls, which were all long distance.
I called Sam Wednesday to talk about some things. I called around 4:20 or so, he was with a customer and they took my information and said he'd call me back. I knew he talked as long as it took, so when 5:00 rolled around, I accepted the fact he'd probably call me tomorrow. Which was fine, but Sam actually went out of his way, called me back (long distance) at about 5:15 or so when he could have as easily said, "It's 5, I'm going to the house" But talked with me for about 40 or so min.

Sam was great to talk to, help me out a bunch. I know my experience with him, and I'll be doing more business with him in the future (rear Koni's ) So all the other people can hate all they want to, but for the people who have actually talked/done business with Sam, all have been nothing but happy.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:02 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Foxxton
In all honesty, I think that a lot of people here read way too much into many of the posts, or either two people purchase products, one is "good", the other is "bad", opinion flamewars breakout, then their parts become one with their ego's.

I will have to agree with Sam that he's making an honest down to earth effort to help those, and when he offer's people to call him, the ball is in their court. I've read his threads many times before giving him a call, and I can see why he states what he states, because he sticks with the truth and he has integrity. I have talked many times with his parents, who run the business, and they handle their private business like ANY business should be. If they don't have the information readily handy, they make a concerted effort to relay Sam so it can be answered. They've even returned all of my phone calls, which were all long distance. AFA selling items, he will sell you just about anything they have to offer, however he prefers to sell what from his experience works well with what a specific driver will use effectively, but in the final outcome, he let's the customer make the final decision on what to purchase.

When I did talk to him, I will say that he not only takes pride with his customers, but he is also very selective with his vendors. As I have mentioned (in another thread) with his stabiliser bar manufacturer, Addco, there was a rare defect that had occured with the endlinks, and not only was he willing to help resovle the problem, but also the vendor themselves. Basically, there was none of the "passing the buck" behaviour that existed with many of the vendors (not concerning cars) I deal with, and certainly none of the subjective behaviours that exist with the public institutions that I've had problems with (both of my alma matters). There was no "backtalk" or "second guessing" the customer. At the beginning and end of the day, I had absolutely no hard feelings. Believe me, if someone tries to really "pull a fast one", I'd be saying something else, or maybe saying nothing at all.

Again this is my 2 cents. This is to inform those who may perform a search and look for integrity from experience and not a contrived "post analysis." If one doesn't approve with certain post methods, that's their liberty to do so, however I'm sticking to my experience with him and letting other's speak for themselves as well.
I couldn't agree more. I talked to Sam a couple of weeks ago at some length about my suspension goals. He explained how some of the parts I was considering would have little or no performance gain. I feel he saved me from spending a lot of money on parts I didn't need. Thanks Sam and I'll be in touch.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks Kenkaru. I like to know that I am not the only one who thinks that I got attacked. I also believe there are board sponsors other that Sam. Sam knows his stuff, but if you post you should be ready for the . If you try to tell anyone that is a cheaper place to buy parts be ready for the .
Old 02-20-2006, 11:51 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 142 Likes on 92 Posts

I think I've made it ABUNTDANTLY clear that I don't think I'm your only option. I think it's been made ABUNTDANTLY clear by those who have taken the time to do honest research (beyond "what does the net say I should do") that I'm a very straight shooter. And I'm sure my tendency to tell it like it is comes through in my posts. So be it, I get frustrated when people of little or no experience with various parts show up and start telling folks what they should do. I don't even tell folks what they "should" do because I usually don't have near enough detail to even give my opinion with enough certainty for god's sake.

Fact is, this started with someone asking about Koni's. Yellow then starts in about how they should get GC's. I made a crack about him getting a kickback because it had nothing to do with the subject, and he does it all the time. I just thought that was odd.

Ladies and Gentlemen. Do what you want. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'm trying to help you. If you choose to go another way. Fine. If you choose to go another way and then call me to bail you out (which happens a lot), not fine. I'm simply suggesting you look at the big picture people. Putting your trust in a a bunch of faceless people on the net is never smart (and unless we have a conversation, I'm faceless too... but I can point to hard results at least). It's truly that simple.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 02-20-2006, 01:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Putting your trust in a a bunch of faceless people on the net is never smart
That holds some truth, but so does the statement, "No one knows as much as everyone."
Hey I know you (Sam) know your stuff and judging by the army of supporters that are ready to jump to your defence, I know you have good customer service. It just kind of seemed odd that you were so offended by the recommendation of GC's. When someone asks about Cam A and people recommend Cam B, it's not off topic, it's someone's advice on an open forum.
A lot of people value the opinions and experience of faceless people. Otherwise, www.ls1tech.com would just lead to a blank page with the Strano phone number.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

ouch ouch

Quick Reply: Koni shocks