1hour Hill climbing after my review of Bilstein HD

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 11:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1hour Hill climbing after my review of Bilstein HD

well well

Just posted my review of the Bilstein HD earlier

Just got back from Mount Lemon, our little local mountain here in Tucson AZ.

30 minutes of boring in city driving, 35mph, blahhhhhhhh

I got to the bottom of the mountain road and put my earplugs on, 1 hour of high rpms with the GMMG makes my head buzzz, I know you can call me a puss for that...

so my 02 TA has

GMMG, lid, short throw, Bilstein HDs, Hawk HPS, duralast rotors, energy suspension poly trans mount, and a killswitch engage cd to set a romantic mood (lol)
everything else is stock

tights turns, straight line, s turns, etc... go from 20 mph on sharp turn to over 90 in the straight lines,
if there was any doubt as if those shocks would make a difference,
well no more doubt. the car handle so much better its unbelievable the difference it made with the stock decarbons ( in my trash right now)
I really never felt like pushing my car that much and be confident about it
the car feels also way stronger when lauching after a sharp turn and push to the redline

some people told me that those car are at their best when pushed hard, well now it became true for me. Sure it doesnt do anything like my friend Elise
but I feel like I have a sports car now.

The other funny thing, but I m sure its also true for other mods, since I pushed my car harder I find that the main thing needed now for handling is new wheels and tires
my small 245/16 inchs just dont feel up to the task, I m sure that and Sam's front sway bar will help even more

to go back to my driving experience when I went back downhill, at the bottom of the road, was a cop that clocked me, I was maybe going 2 over
thank god for radar detectors and my brights !!!!!!!!
i would have been F-ed if that would have been 30 minutes earlier, somehow I m sure 90 on a 30 would be painfull....

anyway I recomend to anybody those shocks looking to get better handling ( way way better compare to stock), want stock height ( not that we can go lower, giving some city roads)

anyway thats my 02, probably a long post thooo

now
Old 02-08-2006, 12:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to hear your impressions of the new shocks. I'll be doing some testing of my own when I get my HD's on.

Quick Reply: 1hour Hill climbing after my review of Bilstein HD