Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Locking Bolts with UMI SFC's?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 06:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Locking Bolts with UMI SFC's?

After my LT's, and Catback I plan on doing one of the most basic suspension mods to my car, I'm not going to be doing anything until winter is over, probably around April-May I will be ordering my mods.

But I would like to run UMI Bolt-In SFC's (subframe connectors), to decrease the rattling in my car, and help the stock shocks and springs deal with the ruff roads around my area. My main question is... Would it be best to run locking bolts with the SFC's, or do they already come with Locking bolts? I've heard of the SFC's wearing very quickly with traditional bolts, and I know that weld-in is the best as far as strength goes, but for right now I want the bolt-in style, and will probably weld them later.

Anyone have some info for Me?

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The UMI SFCs (at least the 3 point) come with locking bolts for the LCA/SFC rear mount, the fronts are standard bolts
FWIW I still used (red) loctite on all the bolts, just for added peace of mind, run them as recieved for about a month, if you notice them squeaking/clunking use the loctite, and torque the back bolts to 90 ftlbs
Old 02-08-2006, 09:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2K2WS6TA
The UMI SFCs (at least the 3 point) come with locking bolts for the LCA/SFC rear mount, the fronts are standard bolts
FWIW I still used (red) loctite on all the bolts, just for added peace of mind, run them as recieved for about a month, if you notice them squeaking/clunking use the loctite, and torque the back bolts to 90 ftlbs
Thanks for the information, the loctite would probably be a good idea. I will make sure to keep a close eye on the SFC's after they are installed.

Quick Reply: Locking Bolts with UMI SFC's?