Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What shocks to use with Eibach Pro kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 11:43 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

Wow... every answer known to man (not quite, but they run the gamit).

QA1's are not good control dampers, frankly I don't really find them very good for anything but drag racing, but also have had one particular guy run better 60's on Koni's than "drag" shocks (QA1 and Afco's).

I really think that Koni's are overkill here because the springs are so bad. They are too short and not nearly firm enough for the little travel (which is effectively next to none) left. This is a case I'd have to lean more toward AGX's. And yes, I know EBAY sellers have them cheap. But then they can't really tell you what changes in the car when you play with them, what you are actually changing, and why you'd want to go softer or stiffer. If you break one, and that's not unlikely given the Sportline heights, they are cheap to replace (bottomed shocks are not warrantied).

If you want the car to actually work well, I'd stay away from Sportlines, and anything like them. $120 spring sets, Intrax, etc. And use a good damper for the needs.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion

Quick Reply: What shocks to use with Eibach Pro kit