Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

need some input

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 08:49 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default need some input

I am thinking of getting a set of Eibach sportline springs and matching them with KYB AGX adjustable shocks, what do you guys think of this combination? My goal is to get the most performance at a reasonable price and keep it streetable. My firehawk sees the drag strip, road courses, drift, plus 1000+ mile road trips pretty regularly...
Old 02-15-2006, 07:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blackhawk J
My firehawk sees the drag strip, road courses, drift, plus 1000+ mile road trips pretty regularly...
You will very disappointed in launch, handling, control and ride quality. But you will save $100 on the cost.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:45 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

how so? I figured the AGX is a 5 way adjustable dampener and the lowering springs would be built with enough rate to make up for loosing 2 inches of compression range. Do you have any suggestions? I think I really need some help here...
Old 02-15-2006, 07:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah you do ... talk to Sam Strano.. he is a vendor and a suspension guru on this board. the sportlines are not ment for performance.. looks only..

you need to come up with a budget on what you want to spend, because if you want the best shock/strut combo.. its Koni adjustables, but they will run you about 800$ alone..

Quick Reply: need some input