Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

new mods in and loving it

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 04:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new mods in and loving it

just put on my umi relocation brackets, tunnel mounted torque arm and 3 point subframe connectors man this stuff really works my car hooks now. Little vibration but did not fix the pinion angle since I dont have an angle finder device so should be fixed pretty soon. looks like the torque arm is an the postive numbers so when i fix the angle to like -2 of pinion, should hook even more. Im so happy
Old 02-18-2006, 05:47 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad to hear it worked out for you!
Old 02-25-2006, 03:46 PM
Teching In

Now much better set the angle between -1and -2 little with no vibration just like stock.
Old 02-25-2006, 05:18 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

That is great to hear

When the tunnel mounted torque arms are tuned in correctly you will never know they are there until you hit the gas

Thanks for the business
Ryan
Old 02-26-2006, 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

UMI doesn't include an angle finder? Blasphemy!! LOL.

I have a Spohn TA, also body mounted, the biggest complaint I have about it is that damn clunking noise you get when you don't know how to drive....uhm....well, my car is cammed and a bit bitchy when cold, so that's pretty much the only time I hear the clunking. My TA is set to -2, no vibration at all, you wouldn't know it's there, but I still have traction issues.......lots of them.

I was wondering...how low does that UMI TA cross member hang? Mine is pretty low.

Manny
Old 02-26-2006, 11:38 PM
Teching In

from your pic my umi brace is about the same but i dont have clearence problems just go side ways over speed bumps and you will be okay. come to think of it the stock floorboard brace was lower. manny, get some relocation brackets and set them on the lowest hole.,Helped traction wise more than the torque arm. also get some adjustable shocks and set them on a soft setting in the front (1) and normal in the rear (4) and a aftermarket clutch. I also got the poly tranymount made a big difference also. get all this and you should not have any traction problems.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by joserws6
from your pic my umi brace is about the same but i dont have clearence problems just go side ways over speed bumps and you will be okay. come to think of it the stock floorboard brace was lower. manny, get some relocation brackets and set them on the lowest hole.,Helped traction wise more than the torque arm. also get some adjustable shocks and set them on a soft setting in the front (1) and normal in the rear (4) and a aftermarket clutch. I also got the poly tranymount made a big difference also. get all this and you should not have any traction problems.

Yeah, I know I have a few more things to do. I emailed Spohn on their opinion if their straight crossmember might work for me, if it does, I will get and replace the current curved one. After that I might be able to lower the car which is what I have been wanting to do for a while now, so while I am at it, I am going to get adjustable shocks, lowering springs, relocation brackets, and an adjustable panhard rod to get those 315's to fit right. After my header and cam install, and a few appearance mods, I am kinda out of cash, so all this is gonna have to wait for a while, I am just glad if I can get the crossmember replaced and gain some clearance again.