Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

So what's everyone's opinion on that Eradispeed package at Thunder Racing?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So what's everyone's opinion on that Eradispeed package at Thunder Racing?

Hey,

I know the topic of cross drilled and slotted rotors has been covered, and I really don't do any type of agressive driving, I am just looking for a nice upgrade package for my still stock brakes......my car is a 98 with 54k miles on it with the original rotors and pads.

I figured that Thunder Racing Eradispeed package would be an easy one stop shop for a brake upgrade.

My mom's benz has cross drilled rotors and she had no issues with them so far. My car is just a weekend warrior and I am not really very hard on it at all.

I am open to other "package" suggestions, I just hate paying shipping getting stuff from various vendors, and since Thunder Racing has done me well so far, I am sorta leaning towards that package.

Also, what should it cost to install the rotors, pads, and brake lines? I have neither the knowledge, the tools, or the skills to do this myself, what would be the ballpark figure as far as installation cost is concerend?

Thanks in advance
Old 02-26-2006, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Its actually a really really install, but I understand if you dont have the tools. It took about 2.5 hours to swap rotors out yesturday. Maybe you can find somebody in your area to do it for like a 12 pack

The package doesnt look that bad. I'm always to pay a little more to buy from a company that I trust.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dude, I had a hard time putting the halos in....let along the side markers....haha. And yeah, I had to buy the tools to do those installs!

My buddy that did all the work on my car (just read my mod list, he did just about all of it), got ***** whipped and moved to Tallahassee with his gf and works for FORD now!! My other buddies are either too busy or lack the skill, or think they have the skill but really don't. I don't want some amateur screwing around with the one part of the car that keeps me from hitting things....

Nebraska isn't that far away form southwest florida...why don't you come over, and I'll include a trip to Hooters along with the 12 pack

By the way, I am surprised you have a FAST intake, but no cam or FI?

Manny
Old 02-26-2006, 05:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MannyZ28
Dude, I had a hard time putting the halos in....let along the side markers....haha. And yeah, I had to buy the tools to do those installs!

My buddy that did all the work on my car (just read my mod list, he did just about all of it), got ***** whipped and moved to Tallahassee with his gf and works for FORD now!! My other buddies are either too busy or lack the skill, or think they have the skill but really don't. I don't want some amateur screwing around with the one part of the car that keeps me from hitting things....

Nebraska isn't that far away form southwest florida...why don't you come over, and I'll include a trip to Hooters along with the 12 pack

By the way, I am surprised you have a FAST intake, but no cam or FI?

Manny
Well, hopefully the hooters girls there are better looking than the ones here, lol. Hell they closed the hooters here in town.

I am going to be in Florida in June, if you want to wait that long, lol. Not really in SW Florida, but hell ill be in the state.

Look right above the Fast intake..... (owned)

I really think you could do a rotor and pad swap. There are a total of 4 bolts per corner. And the 2ish hrs I said, was everything, and I had never done it before. You just need 4 sockets, a wrench, c-clamp, and a few other simple things.

http://www.installuniversity.com/ins...ds_mwarren.htm

Just a thought to save some money.
Old 02-26-2006, 05:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

But if I change the brake lines too, which I will, that's when things get hairy!

Woops, I didn't see the cam thing....what size is a "s" cam?

Don't think they will close ours any time soon.

I't the 4th in the nation as far as sales goes!

And yes...we got some nice ones here, and I know just about all of them save for the ugly ones and the newbies
Old 02-26-2006, 05:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

But if I change the brake lines too, which I will, that's when things get hairy!

Woops, I didn't see the cam thing....what size is a "s" cam?
Oh come on...have some faith

HPE S Cam - 238/242, .608/612 on a 115 LSA
Old 02-26-2006, 08:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Faith is one thing....skill.....different story.

That's a big *** cam man....jesus.

What did she put down?
Old 02-27-2006, 12:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Faith is one thing....skill.....different story.

That's a big *** cam man....jesus.

What did she put down?
383 hp on a Mustang Dyno

Quick Reply: So what's everyone's opinion on that Eradispeed package at Thunder Racing?