Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

ADJ PHB for my non lowered Z question?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 11:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ADJ PHB for my non lowered Z question?

I want the ADJ PHB before I lower the car. If I get a ADJ PHB would I adjust it like the stock one since my car is not lowered? I want the ADJ PHB before I lower the car.
Old 02-18-2006, 11:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

setting it to stock length is what a lot of people do. Its what I did at first.

But the idea is to center the axle under the rear of the car. (Or center the rear of the car over the axle)

You can do this before you lower and again later, once you're lowered to get best results

Some people tape a string with a weight at the end (a plumb bob) to the fender on each side and measure the distance between the string and the wheel on each side and adjust until the gap is equal.

I like to measure from the back side of the wheel to the inner fender, (I feel this is the best way especially if you have wider than stock wheels and don't want them to rub) But to do this you need to have the suspension settled at ride height.
Old 02-19-2006, 08:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any of those methods will get the diff centered inside the fenders ... but how do you know if the rear is truly tracking properly?

I sprayed a small pool of water on my driveway and rolled the car through it. I looked to see if the water prints made by the tires were tracking evenly over the fronts.

I measured what would make it track true, jacked up the car, measured at some point under the car and made the appropriate adjustment to the PHB.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

thats probably a better way to do it- if you're not concerned about tire rubbing and dont want to get an alignment.

Quick Reply: ADJ PHB for my non lowered Z question?