Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

ABS control module...need to replace mine. Couple Q's

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 01:37 AM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Default ABS control module...need to replace mine. Couple Q's

Ok, I stripped the RF threaded inlet on the ABS control module (silver box connected to master cylinder and then everything else.) Did this while trying to remove my POS leaking SLP line-lock (different story there).

I found GM lists two modules, one for 99-02 with traction control and one for 99-02 all models w/out T/C. I found a used one for a 98 model. No mention of traction control or not. What's the difference? Would a 98 model control module be acceptable to use on my 2002 Camaro. Also, I DO NOT have traction control. Will this screw something up?

Any input is appreciated. I currently am holding the RF brake line to the ABS control module with JB Weld. It's been a great temp repair (doesn't leak a drop)....but this is not something I want to keep for the long haul!
Old 03-01-2006, 07:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow JB weld on a brake line that is the craziest fix I have ever heard for JB weld. I am not positive about the years interchange but another question that may need to be addressed is if the ABS module needs to have special bleeding after being installed. i have heard that when a new or used pump is installed you have to hook the car up to a computer to have the pump cycled inorder to bleed it. Then you can bleed at each wheel. I am not sure if this is necessary but i just thought I would throw it out there so you would be prepeared if you have to do it.

Quick Reply: ABS control module...need to replace mine. Couple Q's