Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

brakes stickin

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 09:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brakes stickin

i just replaced the rotors and the pads in the front of my car. took it out for a spin and it felt like they where sticking real bad it would slow down real quick and hard to start off the line will this go away i have never had this problem but i have never replaced both at the same time
Old 03-06-2006, 10:57 PM
12 Second Club

Are they making any noises while driving. Last time i changed my brakes and rotors one side was sticking bad where i couldn't drive the car. I loosened the two bolts on the caliper ( i don't know the name of them one on top and one on the bottom) and it fixed the problem.
Old 03-07-2006, 07:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you clean and grease the guide pins?
Old 03-07-2006, 09:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 01RedZ28
Are they making any noises while driving. Last time i changed my brakes and rotors one side was sticking bad where i couldn't drive the car. I loosened the two bolts on the caliper ( i don't know the name of them one on top and one on the bottom) and it fixed the problem.

It sounds like your guide pins were stuck on one side. If you simply loosened the bolts on the caliper to correct the problem, you need to take it back apart now (NOW!!!!!) and fix it correctly (drive the pins out or replace the bracket and pins with new parts). Eventually those bolts will vibrate out of the holes and the caliper will part company with the vehicle. When this happens, your brake pedal will hit the floor and you will have no brakes.

This is not a safe way to fix this problem, DO NOT do this.

Be safe.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:26 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by trackbird
It sounds like your guide pins were stuck on one side. If you simply loosened the bolts on the caliper to correct the problem, you need to take it back apart now (NOW!!!!!) and fix it correctly (drive the pins out or replace the bracket and pins with new parts). Eventually those bolts will vibrate out of the holes and the caliper will part company with the vehicle. When this happens, your brake pedal will hit the floor and you will have no brakes.

This is not a safe way to fix this problem, DO NOT do this.

Be safe.
Your correct it was my guide pins. When i changed the rotors and calipers i had to buy a new bracket because one of the guide pins was frozen. After greaseing them up and installing it back together that's when i had issues with the brake stickin. I don't know if i had tightened them to much or what.
I know what your saying my post came out sounding not good after reading it again. I doubled checked them and everything is tight and seems good no vibration or pedal issues. If i'm missing something please let me know.

Quick Reply: brakes stickin