Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Brake Fluid Flush

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 06:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002 Trans Am
I also bought one of those mityvac things, works ok at best, just wish the fittings were better.
I'm having trouble with the Mityvac too, I can't get a steady stream of fluid out of the front calipers. Gonna have to try it the old fashioned way when I can get a helper. The rears bled out no problem.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you open the bleeder screw too far and pull a LOT of vacum, you will get air past the threads of the bleeder screw and make it appear you have air in the caliper.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:37 AM
On The Tree

Hmm, that may be the problem. Is a 1/4 turn too much? I'll try just barely opening it. I was thinking maybe it was sucking air around the Mityvac fitting. Thanks!
Old 03-29-2006, 06:21 PM
On The Tree

You were right Mitch. I ended up just barely cracking the bleeder and that took care of it!! Thanks again! Hopefully I'll get the car out this weekend.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:07 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by mitchntx
Does the rotor/pad show abnormal wear?
stock rotors and pads at 37K miles....pretty worn down....the driver side front doesn't look any different than any other rotor.

I am replacing the rotors and pads. Finished the rears on Monday and plan on doing the fronts this Sat....Damn what a differance new pads/rotors make, and I only did the rears....E-Brake works again
Old 04-02-2006, 10:55 PM
TECH Regular

I have one of these http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...=KeywordSearch I have read that if you have traction control you HAVE to use a tech 2 to bleed your system. I have traction control and have used the old bottle with fluid method before I got the bleeder above and my brakes work great and the traction control works to.

Quick Reply: Brake Fluid Flush