Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Traction=0 Drag shocks and stock springs even worse

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 08:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traction=0 Drag shocks and stock springs even worse

Over the past few months I've noticed that I have less and less traction. I know cold weather has alot to do with it. My tires are a little more worn down (6-7/32s) and I have been adding bolt-ons during this time. The car is lowered on Eibach Sportlines and 285/35/18 Pirelli P-Zero tires. Not the best combo for traction but in the begining it wasn't that bad. At least it was predictable and I was able to roll the throttle with no problems. Now it is just rediculous. I can't even roll the throttle half way without going sideways. I can't use the nitrous without smoking the tires at 50mph where as before I could hit the juice and haze the tires on the initial hit. Today I decided to put on some Comp engineering drag shocks that I had and go back to my stock rear springs. I took out the rubber insulators on the top of the springs and did the heater hose trick. The car does sit a few inches higher in the back. Traction = 0. Even worse than before. The shocks were used and had about 2 seasons on them track only. The car rides nice but absolutly no traction. These are 3-way adjustables but I don't know how to adjust them. They are very firm to push in and pull out. They don't rebound like a normal shock.

Could it be that these shocks are in the firm postion and not allowing the weight to transfer before loosing traction?

Could my Pirelli's be toast even with alot of tread left?

Or is it a combination of everything and I've got no chance of traction with low profile 18" tires and the amount of power I have now?