Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Traction

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 08:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traction

I have a 2000 SS and I got Hooker LTS, and a ory, a ls-6 intake w/ a lid and k&n filter. My car has stock suspension and I have fusion Zri street tires. I can't seem to get traction and I was wondering if I can get some suspension work to help me get better traction. Thanks
Old 03-08-2006, 12:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea, you can get a few things that should help you get more traction like, adj. torque arm, adj. lca's, panhard rod, etc. Some better shocks would help with weight transfer and try and take some weight off the front end if possible. Just do a little research on the suspension and you'll find out what a lot of people are replacing to pin the rear down a bit. If you could get some stickier tires, that would help a bit too. Just to name a few things.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Most of your lack of traction is your tires. Before you spend a bunch of money on suspension components, put some drag radials on there.....you'll hook for sure. Not saying that good suspension components won't help because they will, but even the perfect suspension setup won't do you any good if you're rollin' on el cheapo street tires.