Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Line lock question

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 12:11 PM
Ric
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Line lock question

Dunno if this is the right forum for this, but I understand that to use a line lock, you pump up the brakes, hold the pedal down while actuating the lock, then let off the brake and burn out. With this in mind, if you actuate the lock and then push the brake pedal, wouldn't that send all the brake pressure to the REAR brakes???

I ask, because I'm thinking that would make for some killer "e-brake" type maneuvers.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:22 PM

A line lock locks break line pressure. To use it you press the break (normal, no pump up) Turn the line lock on and it holds line pressure to the front lines until it is turned off. If you turn it on with the break petal not pushed in, you will have no front breaks until it is turned off.
Old 03-11-2006, 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not sure if your system would handle all of the pressure going to the rears only. If you blow a seal, you could find yourself with no brakes. Doesn't sound like a good idea.
Old 03-12-2006, 09:23 AM
TECH Addict

doesnt the line lock only lock up one side, not both? i know when i installed mine, it just ran into the RF on the abs module. it doesnt hold for **** either.
Old 03-12-2006, 01:39 PM
Ric
TECH Enthusiast

Oh, I totally forgot about the ABS. Kinda new to having anti-lock brakes on anything considering the next newest thing I've ever owned is my '85 CJ7. I don't guess you could do any e-brake maneuvers after all.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Go to SJM (Sponsor--------->) and look at how they are set up. The ABS does have two lines for LF & RF but the LL uses a T-Fitting to lock both fronts at the same time. Press pedal, push LL button, letoff pedal while still holding button, peel out, release LL button, stage, pop wheelie! I got mine from SJM, steve will get you lined out on what you need, and pretty easy to install.
Old 03-12-2006, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by ninobrn99
doesnt the line lock only lock up one side, not both? i know when i installed mine, it just ran into the RF on the abs module. it doesnt hold for **** either.

there are 2 lines comming out of the master Cylinder, a front & a rear, going into the ABS module. 2 going out, a front & a rear. Those split later on for left & right breaks.

4 lines in the ABS module are 2 in (front & rear) & 2 out (front & rear)
Old 03-12-2006, 11:46 PM
TECH Addict

the slp kit only comes with 2 lines. one from the master to the solenoid and the other from the solenoid to the RF or LF. which ever the original used to run into on the module. thats it. which ones are in and which are out?

Quick Reply: Line lock question