Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Chrome Moly vs. Mild Steel?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 12:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Chrome Moly vs. Mild Steel?

Since the search button sucks, and I can't find any post's regarding this........What do you guys run for LCA's? I am going to order some BMR LCA's and am not sure whether or not to pay the extra $$ for chrome moly. How much less do the chrome moly's weigh? Worth the $$? I was going to order the rubber/poly because I've heard that they are quieter and bind will be less of an issue. Are these good, or should I just do poly/poly? It's hard to beat $119 for the mild steel poly/poly BMR's. I don't want to do the heim joints BTW.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:17 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Redneck Z
Since the search button sucks, and I can't find any post's regarding this........What do you guys run for LCA's? I am going to order some BMR LCA's and am not sure whether or not to pay the extra $$ for chrome moly. How much less do the chrome moly's weigh? Worth the $$? I was going to order the rubber/poly because I've heard that they are quieter and bind will be less of an issue. Are these good, or should I just do poly/poly? It's hard to beat $119 for the mild steel poly/poly BMR's. I don't want to do the heim joints BTW.
Our tubular moly lower control arms are 3.4# each the standard ones are 4.4# each. Let me know if you have any other questions regarding our products.

Lee Spicher
lee@bmrfabrication.com
(813)986-9302
Old 03-15-2006, 01:59 PM
TECH Addict

[QUOTE=BMR Fabrication Inc.]Our tubular moly lower control arms are 3.4# each the standard ones are 4.4# each. Let me know if you have any other questions regarding our products.

Lee Spicher
lee@bmrfabrication.com
(813)986-9302[/QUOTE

Thanks Lee! Does anyone run the chrome moly ones? If so, do you think the weight difference is worth the extra $$? Come on guys, I know everyone and their grandma has lower control arms...
Old 03-15-2006, 02:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the moly ones in rubber and poly. I am will to pay the addition cost for the weight. They sound just like stock.

If I did it again I would do the spohn moly, poly, rod end. I may get a set just to try.
Old 03-15-2006, 03:46 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by YellowToy/A
I have the moly ones in rubber and poly. I am will to pay the addition cost for the weight. They sound just like stock.

If I did it again I would do the spohn moly, poly, rod end. I may get a set just to try.
Do you notice a performance difference with the rubber/poly LCA's? I'm sure I'll notice a big difference because my stock bushings are SHOT!
Old 03-15-2006, 11:36 PM
TECH Addict

tttttt
Old 03-16-2006, 03:50 AM
TECH Addict

Problem solved. I went with the BMR chrome moly LCAs. Thanks for the help guys!

Quick Reply: Chrome Moly vs. Mild Steel?