Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

torque arm questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 05:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question torque arm questions

dumb question but..just got my car..is there any sure way to tell if its been lowered or not?...and if is hasnt, can i get a non. adj. tq arm or is adjustable always alot better?..cause non. adj. saves like 200$...only reason im getting one is cause i just started getting nasty wheel hop..also how can i check the condition of the stock tq. arm..not sure on the location or how..any pics/info would be greatly appreciated, thanx
Old 03-18-2006, 06:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't buy a non adjustible anything. I'm the original owner of my car and the ride hieght has never been altered. (stock shocks, stock springs) I just bought a used Spohn poly nonadj. panhard rod and its off. Pass. side wheel sticks out farther than the drivers side. I don't trust em. Now I need an adj. one.
Old 03-18-2006, 06:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont know what your talking about...cause my car looks fine with my UMI non adj panhard bar. maybe ur alignment is fucked up?
Mike, look at your springs and shocks. what do they look like?
Old 03-19-2006, 10:27 AM
Teching In

there red..would stock shocks have color?...mainly im just curious as to how i can check my stock torq. arm..???, cause i just started getting this wheel hop and slight loss of power
Old 03-19-2006, 10:45 AM
11 Second Club

i got the adjustable and love it mainly the TQ arm relocation bracket that allows for movement of instant center so i can either launch and try and break everything doing a wheely or i can just burn them and go no where, or somewhere in between like it is now look on my website one of the pages is just suspension

Quick Reply: torque arm questions