Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

current issue of racecar engineering

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default current issue of racecar engineering

This might be a bit advanced for those "non-scientists" however I think it makes a great article for those who are really interested in what and how suspension springs work. From time to time also participate in my alma matters SAE club. Plenty of resources there, so while I don't write books for a living, I do read lots of them, and one issue I suggest anyone interested in would be an "non-SAE" publication called, racecar engineering @ www.racecar-engineering.com. Look at pg. 48 of the Feb 2006 issue which makes a lovely discussion about springs types and spring rates and what they really do.

(for the moderators, if you find this too advanced for this section, I guess it can be great over in the advanced tech section.)
Old 03-18-2006, 11:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Think I just found a new magazine to subscribe to. After 2 issues, grassroots and sports car wasnt cutting it.
Old 03-18-2006, 11:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

ehh maybe not. Looks like some good reading, but 94 dollars a year is steep for a college kid.
Old 03-19-2006, 02:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

AH! But you can always browse your local Barnes and Noble for it. AFA Grassroots Motorsports, I like that one as well. Your local uni's SAE club might have a regular subscription, if not, you could try your consult your campus's main library.

Last edited by Foxxton; 03-19-2006 at 03:15 AM.