Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

how does this set up sound?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 09:28 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how does this set up sound?

well guys, i recently got my new car. a 99 formula (NOT ws6), the car has alot of engine/exaust work done, but its still sitting on the stock suspension. i want to work on that, since its one of the few things left on the car not touched. this car is never going to be a serious drag car, or a serious anything.... its my fun car that i'll drive in the summer and spring when its not raining, and it might see a trip or two to the track sometimes for some passes. anyway, my goals are simply alittle better handling and alittle better traction.

the parts i was thinking of are a set of koni sport yellow shocks(non adj), a spohn 32mm front sway bar, spohn LCA's, an adjustable panhard bar, LCA relocation brackets, and a spohn torque arm. i want to keep the stock ride height(mainly because of the area i live and the roads, and because my exuast hangs pretty low around the cats).

does this sound like a reasonable set up for what i want to do? anything you'd change? anything that doesnt really need to be there? on a car with the stock ride height, are adj. LCA's and panhard bar needed? i was thinking about changing the springs (maybe to ws6 ones), but im not really sure if thats going to really do much.

anyway, sorry for how long this post is, lol, im bad at keeping things short.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:14 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 133 Likes on 87 Posts

I think you need to do more reading....

Koni Sports and Specials are adjustable, ALL of them. Only the Koni FSD which is new, is not adjustable--and they don't make that for this car.

You want a bigger front bar than 32mm for the best handling. You *might* want to do a matched set of bars as well. but you can always start with the front one, and add the rear later....

Start with shocks and bars first. If you need the other parts, that's fine, but add them as necessary--not "just because". For instance you aren't looking to drop so brackets are really something you likely won't need. And if you drop the bracket with out lowering it can create some handling issues. As for LCA's. Maybe, but we cross that bridge if and when you come to something that is caused by the stock arms.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!