Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Blown Koni

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 11:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blown Koni

Got the shocks about a year ago, experienced horrible wheel hop out of nowhere today when I was feeling froggy and got on it and then I look to see why and its cause I have a pretty decent puddle of oil inside the car around the driver side rear shock mount. Dont know what the hell could've happened, but its a good thing Koni's have a lifetime warranty.

Just thought I'd share, I'm pretty annoyed that one of the shocks went out so quick since its a daily driver thats seen the track less times than I have fingers.
Old 03-22-2006, 01:29 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

There is nothing, NOTHING in this world that is bulletproof. You, unfortunately, happened to get a bad shock. Koni will make it right as long as you have the documentation you need and you'll be good as new.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 03-22-2006, 01:36 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats what I am talking about. People say Konis are expensive, but when something like this happens its good to know that the lifetime warranty is there.
Old 03-22-2006, 01:53 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

well, lots of things have lifetime warranties. KYB does, Bilstein does, Tokico does... The difference is that Koni makes it pretty painless when there is an issue. And that in itself is much more rare than with el-cheapo shocks.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 03-22-2006, 03:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Lol I'm not worried, I know their warranty program is top notch. Just thought I'd share cause thought my experience of having one go so soon on a DD was somewhat unique and unexpected.
I didnt know Bilsteins had a similar life time warranty...thats cool.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:12 PM
Staging Lane

I had a Koni go out in the first year. Call them up, give them a CC # and they ship you a new shock and charge you 1/2 the new price. I had it 3 days later. You install it and return the bad one. They check it out and if is determined not to be your fault, then they credit your CC. As Sam said, painless .