Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Just Beat Me With A QA1

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 09:13 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Beat Me With A QA1

Long story short....i got my car and it had the qa1 coil overs. with 800 miles the passenger side shock went. We sent it out to be refurbished by simply suspension. While overhaulin the suspension we put it back in. When taking the drop spindles off and putting stock ones back on i see that the passenger one is leaking again. And now for some real wacky s%#$!. I look at the top of the shaft of the driver side, where you put the nut on top to sock it down...and the threads are totally stripped. Now wouldnt qa1 make it so the shaft is stronger than a the nut so that if somethign does get stripped, its the nut not the shock shaft!!!! So i have now had 3 bad shocks from qua1 and im done with them. i dont know if anyone else has had problms liek this with their company but i know their policy is not very good. They wouldnt replace a shock with 800 miles on it because it was2 years old. What are you going to do? im not dealing with anymore so i need suggestions for shock types. I went to koni so far but they make nothing for my application. Im not going with strange because thier casings are qa1. Me and pops thoguht the shockwave air ride would be really kool but im not sure what the best way to go is. It doesnt matter if its coil over or air ride but i jsut want the best i can get. Leave some suggestions. Thanks
Old 03-24-2006, 09:23 AM
TECH Regular

I really wanted to put Airrides in my 50 but the $$ was a factor. I'm building it for my dad and he wants a budget rat rod. My QA1s gave me no trouble at all. As for a replacement the only guys I've dealt with are Strange and that's out for you. Good luck. I'd love to see that Camaro!
Old 03-24-2006, 10:43 PM
Launching!

dont worry youll see some. i jsut ordered different springs and new shocks from qa1. if they dont work im done! haha never. ill get some pics up soon.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:56 PM
11 Second Club

I've heard mixed stories on the QAs, got a good used set from someone on here, they seem fine so far, for $400 vs almost $800 new figured it would be worth a try. If I ever need to rebuild them I'll probably just go to something different depending on what it costs to rebuild. Stripped bolts should have been taken care of when you sent them in, can't believe they are all leaking. Think it's who rebuilt them or just poor quality? Hate to hear your bad luck with these, sounds like a fine ride you have there.
Old 03-25-2006, 06:25 PM
Launching!

Yea i think its a mixture of both. i jsut ordered different qa1's with variable rate springs. i took it for a ride today after installing them and lowered the coil overs a little. looks and feels great.

Quick Reply: Just Beat Me With A QA1