Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Adjustable LCAs

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 05:30 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjustable LCAs

Hi,

I've always wondered what the advantage to having adjustable lower control arms is. Could someone tell me? Also, I've never seen any instructions on how to properly adjust them. The reason I ask is I have a set. I got them primarily because they had rod ends and their adjustability was gravy. I'd like to maximize what I can out of these pieces by performing any tweaks and conversely I don't want to throw anything off by not having them adjusted properly.

Thanks,

-S
Old 03-26-2006, 05:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Centers the wheel in the wheel well.. when you start launching the rear shifts around a little.. keeping it centered and square makes a difference.. Panhard does left to right, LCa's front to rear..
Old 03-27-2006, 02:43 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

keeps my 28" slicks from rubbing the bumper cover or the rocker panel trim
Old 03-27-2006, 11:36 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

My post from an earlier thread:
Originally Posted by VIP1
Adjustables allow you to adjust the rear axle left/right to center it (left/right) under the car. This isnt necessary for stock right hide, but is necessary when the ride hieght is changed (ex: lowering the car).

That being said....
I have stock right height, but I do have adjustable Spohn rod/poly PHB and LCAs. They allow for the adjustment of the rear axle in all horizontal directions (left, right, forward back, diagonally). My rear was a bit off with the stock parts and is all straight now with the adjustables (adjusted by the mechanic during an alignment...you have to ask for it and may need to convince them to do it).
Old 03-28-2006, 07:26 AM
Launching!

Cool, I figured as much. Thanks for the info! I just centered my rear axle with my adjustable PHB and man do I hook better. I'll measure out the distances on each side to determine if I need to adjust my LCAs. Is it best to have the wheel completely centered in the wheel well?
Old 03-28-2006, 07:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

centered.. unless your planning to run Bristol..