Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

subframe connectors

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 08:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default subframe connectors

what is the advantages of the tubular 3 point subframe connectors vs. just the regular subframes. do the single bar weld on ones work good enough. looking at the weld in RPM subframes from the ws6store.com they are cheap lol anyone have them ? work ok ? don't wanna spend more than 150 on subframes
Old 03-26-2006, 08:42 PM
TECH Addict

hey wasnt i just talkin to you in another thread lol, yeah the three point subframes are overrated IMO, the BMR or UMI single boxed subframes will do you just as good. im gonna get me a set of the BMR weld on boxed subframes here soon.
Old 03-26-2006, 11:00 PM
TECH Addict

haha yes you were! thanks for the reply man appreciate it have you ever heard of that RPM brand? i assume they are all made of the same kind of metal and made the same for the most part ?
Old 03-27-2006, 03:57 AM
TECH Resident

I've never heard of that RPM brand but I just bought me a set of UMI's boxed style. It all depends on what you want for your car. The diamond style offer a lot more rigidity, but it's going to add a LOT more weight, but the boxed style weld ins will be enough strength for the average street/strip racer, the tubular design is even less rigid than the boxed style but still sufficient for it's purpose and a little lighter yet. So it all depends on how much more power you're going to add to your car, if you want to save weight, or even if you're going to race a lot.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:31 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

On the 3-Point SFC's we do recommend the run these when also using a tunnel mounted torque arm. This allows the stress and force to be placed on the SFC's rather then the floor boards. If this isn't the case then the 2-point boxed or tubulars will work just fine. Although I recommend welding we also offer the 2-Points in a bolt on for those of you who can't weld them right away.

If I can help anymore please ask. Thanks!
Ryan
Old 03-27-2006, 08:44 AM
TECH Junkie

I think the main reason is ground clearance. Im sure there's some structural BS that can factor in like UMI stated w/ the tunnel-mounted TQ arm, but outside of that I wanna say the only other "real" benefit is the clearance.

Quick Reply: subframe connectors