Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Koni's - where to start?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 07:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Koni's - where to start?

Have shop installing 8242's front and rear on a 2002 z-28. 1005's on front and 1006's on rear. Infinite adjustments. I do autocrossing and road courses with the car and would like to get rid of the understeer on the car.

I like a firm ride, and this thing is my daily driver too..(100 miles roundtrip on highways). I probably won't mind a little beating but the wife gets a bit snippy if the car is beating her to death. Anybody got any suggestions on where to start? fronts have 12 settings for compression and 12 for rebound. and I thing the rears are the same.

Speaking of the rears. anybody installed these things on an F-body? What kinda contorsions are required to get at the rears for rebound, fronts seem impossible.

Old 04-11-2006, 08:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Understeer is a sway bar (and/or spring problem). Shocks control transient handling (rebound) and unsprung weight (compression), but the balance of the car is a combination of the springs and sway bars. You probably won't fix understeer with shocks alone (unless it's transitional understeer).

What is the rest of your setup? (Springs, sway bars, etc).