Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

KYB Agx

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 09:25 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default KYB Agx

I have a 2000 WS6 with eibach pro kit. My back sags alot. I just ordered the KYB AGX will that raise the back end up. With the new shocks how much better will my ride quality be?
Old 04-22-2006, 03:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

no and no, KYB stands for keeps ya bouncin =P

Shocks dont change the hieght, just control the travel up and down. You would be better off with bilstien revalves or Koni yellows like i have.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

I agree, but to further add, the rear spring rates for stock Z28/SS and even the now discontinued 1LE springs are actually quite decent. The ride height is what I don't like, and if you were to reinstall the stock springs, you can just opt for the "heater hose mod" which will lower around .50" to .75" in the rear (maybe not the thing for "looks", but quite enough for performance and reliability if you ask me).

AFA the KYB AGX's, I don't care for them since the adjuster is a double-action single adjuster. Yes it simultaneously adjusts both rebound and compression, but the rebound is the key importance for many driving apps, not the compression, since it's very difficult to improve on controlling the vehicle's unsprung weight much more than what is present. That's why I prefer Koni's (when I was still using DA's) over all of the other "OE style mount" replacement upgrade shocks for the 4th gen. The non-ajustible compression valving is quite okay for the Koni SA. The rebound, which control's the sprung weight is the most critical part for many different F-bodies.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:29 AM
TECH Regular

So you are saying I am wasting my money on The KYB
Old 04-24-2006, 12:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

well...

Yes...I know that there are some that say, "it's great.", but from my experience before I really knew better, I actually worsened my performance and my feel.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:10 PM
Launching!

I have the KYB AGX and though they aren't the best shocks on the earth they are by far much better than the stock shocks. The key is to adjust the shocks for how you like them and drive on them. IF you have lowered your car with some stiffer springs your probably want to go with a little bit stiffer shock setting. Mine have 8 settings and I have my front set on 5 and the rear set on 6. So far it feels good to me. It has very little bounce after I go over something. For the street, it is hard to beat the price of them as I bought mine for $275 front and rear.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ohsofast
So you are saying I am wasting my money on The KYB

Just make sure you don't have a dumbass friend put the setting of the right front shock on 3 while you have the left front on 7.

Have fun with heavy (emergency) braking with that set-up, then have fun beating the crap out of your friend when your right side goes an extra 4 feet and your left plays catch-up.

Otherwise they are cheap and work if you don't want to spend a f$cking fortune.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:46 PM
TECH Regular

all right, so people like and dislike the shocks, came across a deal so I had to get them. But still it sounds like I will still have the sag in the back for which I do not want. Will lower control arms fix the sag
Old 04-25-2006, 05:49 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ohsofast
all right, so people like and dislike the shocks, came across a deal so I had to get them. But still it sounds like I will still have the sag in the back for which I do not want. Will lower control arms fix the sag
Springs will fix the sag, and springs only. Unless you add a spacer or somethin weird like that.

Quick Reply: KYB Agx