Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

~Without getting into a debate!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 08:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ~Without getting into a debate!

Guys, Gals, Ls1tech members,

I would appreciate any help offered without this thread turning into a huge debate. I am working on turning the T/A into a mostly show car, but still being mostly street able. So, where do I start on the suspension? I have spent a lot of time reading & studying this, but it is somewhat overwhelming and seems mostly for the people who have there cars set up for the track.

For starters, the car already has (from previous owner)
~SLP sub frame connector's (bolt on) and there strut tower bar.

Now from what I have read, it is a toss salad on both of the mods and since the mods are already installed on the car and I am keeping both of them installed. In addition, I have ordered the Eibach Pro-Kit Springs (1.2" Front & 1.2" Rear) but have not decided on the shocks yet, since the car will not be for the track. So, what would you suggest that I get next and why?
Old 05-01-2006, 10:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Seeing as how it doesn't look like your car is going to see any track time I'd recommend a set of re-valved bilsteins and a pan hard bar. If you really want to stiffen it up, get yourself a set of sway bars
Old 05-03-2006, 05:30 PM
TECH Regular

I think you should take off the sub frame connectors and sell them to me. If you are going for looks you have to get rims and brake system.

Quick Reply: ~Without getting into a debate!