Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Brembo vs Powerslot

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 04:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brembo vs Powerslot

Looking into getting new brakes and am at a toss-up between these two, and yes the slots are just for looks. I don't like the blank look. The Brembo's are a little more $$, but not much. There is a nice Powerslot kit from Thunder Racing, but no such "kit" for Brembos. Between the two, which would you consider to truly be a better rotor? Need brakes soon and hate not being able to decide. Thanks...
Old 05-04-2006, 05:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Check out power stop's drilled (they are the same company as powerslot). I've been running them on my car for 14k and havent warped them yet. If it were me I wouldn't get the slotted because you cant get them turned if you need, the drilled ones you can.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

You may not like the blank look, but you'll really hate the excessive cracks the slots and drilled rotors will develop, not to mention increased fade from pads being constantly shaved down making them prematurely thinner, thus increasing the likelyhood of overheating (not good).

Stick with quality blanks at all cost.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:49 PM
TECH Regular

I have Powerslot slotted and dimpled rotors on the front and love them. No warping in about 15k miles compared to stock and Autozone rotors warping in just 3k miles. No worries of cracking with drilled rotors. I got mine at LMperformance at a great price.
Old 05-07-2006, 01:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

The reason you warped them in 3000 miles is probably due to the fact that you didn't bed them in properly, and what set of pads were any of you using? When I had stock brakes with Hawk blues, I drove them much harder than many around here and they were in need of replacement after 30K. On powerslots, they cracked at about 2000 miles with proper bed in.

Don't anyone here believe the hype about fancy rotors. Quality blanks with a good set of pads will last.

There are plenty of worries with cross drilled/slots/dimples/etc. which are above and beyond the cracks. They will induce excessive wear on the pads, and the pads are an extremely critical component. As the pads get worn, their heat conductive properties increase, and if your rotors have face patterns, not only will the friciton be significantly reduced, but also less metal will be present for the proper heat absorption. Rotors are very much a heat sink for the heat from the pads, so that's what the vents are for. Look at the sticky.

Quick Reply: Brembo vs Powerslot