Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

squeek unlike neone elses

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 10:42 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default squeek unlike neone elses

i cant find this deam thing. its the front right tire i think. when i drive at first it wont squek but as it warms up it will. the squek is very high pitched and goes about the same time as the tires rpms. when i hit the brakes that pitch changes and a whole nother pitch noise starts. iv tryed spinnin the tire when the cars lifted. nothing. relubed all componets. nothing. iv driven the car put it in neutral and shut it off and it was still going. i dont c ne thing touching like the backing plate. im just lost. and its geting worse.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:17 AM
Launching!

is everything lubed up porperly? Wheel bearings might make that noise if they are lacking some lubrication.
Old 05-05-2006, 01:48 PM
12 Second Club

wheel bearing is the only other thing i can think of. can that **** up nething? how do i check it? and how much r they or should i jus take it out and repack it?
Old 05-05-2006, 04:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by crazymofo1986
when i hit the brakes that pitch changes and a whole nother pitch noise starts.
Have you checked your brake pads? Some have wear-indicator rivets in them, and when the pad gets worn down, it'll scrape lightly against the rotor to let you know that you need to get some new ones. If you let it go without changing the pads, it'll just get worse as more pad material is gone, and more of the rivet is exposed. Since you said the noise gets worse when you apply the brakes, well, it makes even more sense to look at the pads.

The wheel bearings are in a sealed hub, you unfortunately have to buy the whole replacement hub, which, if I remember right run about $120 each.

Check your brake pads first.
Old 05-05-2006, 04:56 PM
12 Second Club

naw brake pads r straight bc it was happen before i changed them. so the pads r new
Old 05-05-2006, 07:16 PM
Teching In

Have you lifted the vehicle in the air and "jacked up" the one wheel, you could have something rubbing that only rubs when there is weight on the vehicle. Hitting the brakes while driving would further compress the suspension and change the contact area. I had a car at work that the inner fender liner rubbed but you couldn't tell unless the suspension was compressed.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:25 AM
12 Second Club

no havnt done that but i was looking for wear like shinny metal and nothing can b seen. this sucks its so loud and annoying

Quick Reply: squeek unlike neone elses